Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Welcome To my Inner Most Thoughts....



This is the first entry into my blog and I have no idea where it will end up.

Mostly I am going to spend time in here just thinking out loud and posting a few things that I like.
So, will what I have to say always be consistent? I doubt it. But it will be heartfelt.

A couple years ago I was a kind of typical self centered guy. I didn’t put any thought into it, but I expected things to just be done for me by my wife. I wasn’t very happy and neither was she. One day it all came to a head when she was out painting and I was doing basically nothing. When she came inside I asked “What was for dinner.” She snapped at me that I could have made something if I was hungry. Nothing much happened right after that. It was just one in a thousand ugly incidents that was probably leading toward the eventual destruction of our marriage and the chipping away at any chance either of us had at happiness.

But this one was different for me at least. I thought long and hard on her comment and on where we had gone wrong.

Overnight I decided that it was time for me to chip in. I don’t think I did much more than vacuum the rugs that next evening. But it put a rare smile on her face. She even thanked me. This was different. Over the next couple of weeks I did a little bit more each evening. Her smile was back. I was doing VERY LITTLE in reality but it was a big change for her. I started to think long and hard on the old adage “If momma ain’t happy, ain’t nobody going to be happy!” and wondered if there was a flip side to that saying. 

What if someone decided that the number one goal in his life from then on was to make ‘Momma’ happy 24 hours a day? I wondered how that would all play out. 

So I began my journey. I began to do things to please her and her only. I gave up much of my own desires in order to be of service to her.

This blog will chronicle some of the lessons and experiences we have both had along the way. 

I hope to learn new things as I post. I hope that you will as well.

How else may I be of service to Your Highness?

No comments:

Post a Comment