Monday, September 15, 2014

Ah Fall!



I live in a part of the country that gets pretty hot in the summer and the summer seems to go on forever! So this weekend I was doubly content with the sudden drop in temperature and how it coincided with the beginning of the ‘performing arts season’.

And yes for all you domestic boys, I DID do about four hours of house cleaning before I showered and got changed!

;)

I had earlier bought a nice summer weight jacket to wear to the opening night of the symphony season, but quickly jettisoned that choice when the day made it cool enough to wear a heavier ‘fall weight’ jacket for the evening. 

Is there any reason why you WOULDN'T want to be the object of her attention and affection?
 
I have a lovely fall/winter weight charcoal tweed jacket with just hints of purple running through it. Very subtle, very rich and deep looking and stylish enough to offer some ‘pop’ as my tailor likes to say. It is my single most favorite piece of clothing and I always feel good when I wear it.

So I slipped that and a pair of charcoal wool trousers on with shiny black wing tips and a button down blue oxford shirt and a snazzy looking Jerry Garcia tie of blue, black and white which pulled everything (Shirt and jacket) together. I thought I looked good!

Her Majesty was slightly more casual than I was but certainly not inappropriately so. She wore a floral patterned purple dress with a matching shawl sweater and large purple costume jewelry that accented things quite well.

So off we went to dinner before the show (I had made reservations weeks in advance) and when we arrived we definitely got ‘checked out’ by our fellow diners (over 80% of which were on their way to symphony opening night as well). This is always a very pleasant experience for me. I know the ladies have experienced this ‘being checked out’ phenomenon since the dawn of time as men have always looked them over.

Hey, they DO check us out. Be something worthwhile to check out! And be subtle so that they are comfortable doing it!

I know that women have checked out men as well, perhaps more subtly in the past but they have always done so. Maybe it’s just that I am noticing it more now, but I sure am enjoying it! Maybe half of the ladies (of all ages) gave me the once over or maybe the twice over! Of you can see them doing it out of the corner of their eyes trying not to be seen. I think in their minds they are thinking “A lady simply does not do that!” but if their lips say “No, No.” their eyes are still saying “Yes, Yes!”

If you look back at them they will usually dart their vision away and become involved in whatever is happening at their own table. Occasionally you will catch someone’s eye looking you over. If you do it is important that you act quickly to appear both strong, and friendly! A soft returned glance with a subtle smile of acknowledgement and ‘thanks’ can often lead to ‘I think we shared a moment there’ and that can be so sweet.

Every real man's dream!

Anyway, I am just thinking out loud here and am quite happy that summer is coming to a close. Or is summer coming to a clothes? Either way, I feel quite a bit more in my element now.


I can see why this movie is called "Mr. Lucky!"
For more on "Dressing Like A Man", check out this previous entry:

http://onbecomingasurrenderedhubby.blogspot.com/2014/02/the-clothes-make-man.html






3 comments:

  1. Blue jean, a white Oxford shirt cuffed partly up the arm and untucked works just as well :) I guess it depends on the occasion. Personally I never dress for others but rather for Katie. She's the only one whose eye I care to attract anymore. The rest feeds my ego but I'm too old to deal with 'wannabees' that can 'neverbee' :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeans and an untucked shirt sound fine for a picnic I suppose.
      But I guess it's just like the guy who doesn't mind having his wife drawing a little attention as long as they both know who she is going home with, it's just a lot of fun...
      And well I do love the ladies!

      Delete
    2. I have always been very up front about the fact that this blog is partly about attracting positive female energy into your life. That energy can come both from your lady and possibly others. That is what it has been about and will always be about. Paradise to me is being surrounded by women who enjoy my company.

      Delete