Monday, July 14, 2014

What is my hobby? My hobby is House Work! Part 3

We’ve already covered a good deal of ground about being a good Surrendered hubby and getting the house all cleaned and organized. We talked about the differences between maintenance cleaning and deep cleaning. We talked about how getting the ‘dude work’ done fits in to all of this, and a few tips have been given in how to organize all of this work and make your task more efficient.

I know you are fantasizing about endless housework right now thinking “Why would I want it to be more efficient? That would mean that I am done sooner and I want to clean without ceasing! I dream of scrubbing the floors 24 hours a day on my hands and knees! – Relax there is no ‘finish’. You CAN’T finish it! No matter how hard you work and how long you work you CAN NOT FINISH IT! There is always more to do. Once you THINK that you are done there is always detailing to be done. Have you dusted BEHIND the shelves? Have you washed all the switch plates? Have you cleaned the tops of the ceiling fans and washed all the blades? Have you cleaned the top of the refrigerator?

So since you actually can never ‘finish’, I think that doing it efficiently and getting MORE done with your time should be your goal. I know you LOVE to do it and stay busy at it, but getting it cleaner faster so that you can get on to other chores is what SHE wants…

I thought that in this installment of ‘My Hobby is House Work’ I would take you through a typical weekend for me and from there maybe we can both learn something.

As I have said in earlier entries, my Queen and the center piece of my existence, is a health care professional with an advanced degree. (She has more education than I do AND she makes more money than I do. Ah the young feminist future! It’s beautiful here and I LOVE IT!) She spends at least 40 hours a week working with patients at the hospital. In order that there is no gap in coverage there over the weekends she and a few other people rotate who will work on the weekends. So she goes to work for both Saturday and Sunday once a month. (Don’t worry she takes other days off during the week on those weeks.)

This means that I have weekends with her at home and weekends without her. At first I handled these weekends very differently. I looked forward to the weekends that she worked as opportunities to really dig in and go after the house work! I think that maybe I was a little embarrassed at how “pussy whipped” this made me look to her and I avoided doing too much right in front of her even though if I did it when she was gone it would be obvious that I had because the place looked better and it looked like I put a lot of effort into it.

Our Hero! The Poster boy For The Pussy Whipped Generation!
I think that I have ‘out grown’ those worries now and she has also relaxed into the mode that “he is the one who is cleaning the house now, and I don’t really have to lift a finger so that’s really pretty cool!” I think a lot of wives who are new to this level of service and respect share that feeling of nervousness about a man being SO eager to please. I have even had it explained to me by a woman that she may feel that you are negatively judging the job that she had been doing! But nothing could be further from the truth! I think that we men are a little nervous about being seen as too eager to please too!

All I can say to you if that is your attitude or that is her attitude about it is ‘soldier on’. Just DO IT. Do the house work and do TRY to avoid making it about some kind of sexy fantasy. I mean REALLY. Do a couple of hours of house work and just be quiet about it. If you blather on about how much you have done she is probably going to get annoyed. That is like saying “See what a good boy I have been!?! See!? See!? Can we have sex now? PLEASE!!!! I’ll clean more tomorrow if we do!!!” What do you think her reaction to that might be?

An Eager To Please hubby Means A Thoroughly Pleased Lady!
Actually I bet she would laugh the first time, get that gleam in her eye (what I call "The Tigress Look") and use you! It would be fun for her and to be honest if we do it right, most women WILL get hot for a man cleaning her house. It's just that most women don’t want to see their man turn into a total sissy who is 100% engaged in a submissive sex fantasy all the time.

Learn how to chill out or this exercise in ACTUAL service to please her is going to go as wrong as all your other attempts to be dominated by a wife or girlfriend have gone in the past. Think long term. Think about the long run. Think about how actually just doing this without a lot of recognition is going to free up her time, relax her spirit (no more pressure to keep the house perfect! WHEW!) and demonstrate your willingness to both work hard to please her AND swallow your pride some and do these tasks. It’s a long term LOVE OFFERING. Treat it like that even if it will be tough at first.

If she gets openly suspicious of your motives and confronts you about them, just tell her that you love her and that you want to ‘help her’ to clean up. Tell her that she has done far too much for you already and that you just want to even up the score a little.  I wouldn’t tell her that you want to be her doormat and do all the housework now and forever more! She’ll get pretty ‘creeped out’ at the sound of that. BUT, you can say that you want to ‘help her out’ with it.

If you ‘help her out’ at first she will really enjoy it. She will not feel like she did something wrong. She will enjoy the attention. She will enjoy the lessening of her load. And she will feel like this really is being done out of love and sacrifice!

Of course once you have wormed your way into ‘helping’, it’s not all that hard to take over more and more of the tasks until basically you have ownership of almost all of them! This will take energy and consistency. DO NOT get possessive about tasks. If she beats you to a task and does it herself, thank her for ‘helping’ you now. But next time, try to anticipate what task she might try to do and do it a day or so earlier than she will!

Soon you will be well on your way to the long sought after state of being her 100% domesticated ‘male house wife’ totally dedicated to her service! She will see that you are handling it all and will simply shrug with a smile and let you. Of course once you start down this road, you will need to be consistent about it! Don’t clean the house to a T and then let all the work slide for a month until it is more chaotic and dirtier than it was before.

Oh there will be times when it is cleaner than others and there will be times when your energy will flag, but if you put in the effort and consistently work at serving her needs before she even knows what they are, you will begin to live the life you BOTH have only dreamed of!


Marital Bliss Begin With A Man On His Knees!

I will next present my actual step by step tasks in Part 4

1 comment:

  1. dear surrendered husband, I really like your idea of doing housework, not for what you get out of it, but for what your wife gets out of it. It has to be a gift without any male pride. Related to that I also like the fact that you don't mind being called a domesticated male housewife. A lot of men see anything associated with women as a step down (wife for example), but for you (and me) it's really a step up.

    ls

    ReplyDelete