Friday, June 20, 2014

How to Cure “Male Pattern Sassy Mouth”



If I was to single out one issue that I see “supportive” hubbies mention as the biggest problem that they have in their relationships I think that it would be “I forget my place and I sass back to my Queen” more often than anything else.

I see it all the time in other blogs. Generally, the male does something stupid and self centered (or just not slavish enough to meet some set of standards) and gets ‘put into his place’ by her and this teaches him once again that his role is to serve and to please and not to confront her.

In my own experiences this has been one of the issues that I have faced as well. It generally has come in one of three flavors.

Scenario 1 is where I am all wound up about doing something and the Queen has other plans for me. Let’s say that I have just come home and I have been thinking about doing some task when I first get home. It has filled my mind all afternoon at work and all the way home and I can’t wait to just get in there and scrub down the kitchen counters and wash the kitchen floor and start dinner. This is the most important thing in the world to me as I charge through the door all ready to be Mr. Perfect hubby and get things done to please her!

I get inside the house and almost immediately she is telling me that she has five big heavy bags of mulch in the trunk of her car and ‘thinks it would be a good idea’ if I were to carry them from the car to the garden and ‘help her’ spread them.

Like most of the ‘directions’ I receive this comes in the form of a suggestion. But upon reflecting it is obvious that it actually is an order and it would be best if I simply dropped everything and did as I was told without question and with a smile.

But being stupid, and being already being ‘would up’ about doing something else I make an excuse or snap at her that I ‘have other plans’.

Oops!

Scenario 2 is where I am lazing around on the couch with my mind totally occupied by something else and She suddenly starts talking about something completely different than what is on my mind or ‘asks’ me to do something. “Honey… can you help me on the computer?” to which I stupidly snap back: “I’m busy!” or “Can’t you do that yourself yet?” or “I’ll get it later!”

Oops!

Scenario 3 is where she starts talking to me about something totally foreign to my stream of consciousness and in my hurried state of mind I only want to get to the ‘punch line’. I brusquely offer a ‘solution’ and treat her as if her ideas/thoughts/opinions didn’t really matter.

Oops!

In many of the FLR blogs the solution often goes something like this: The second that he is rude to her or acts in a self centered fashion, she slaps him hard across the face! Then she grabs hubbies ear and twisting it painfully she drags him down the hall to the bedroom where she sits on the bed. He stands before her knowing that he must now lower his pants and present his naked and submissive rump to her across her lap. She pats her lap assertively. He crawls across it submissively.

Once in place, she whips his butt twenty to thirty times with her hair brush until his rump is on fire and tears and apologies come gushing from him like rivers. She pushes him coldly onto the floor. Then still naked, he is told to stand in the corner until she tells him to stop. While there she scolds him again and reads out a long list of difficult and degrading ‘punishment chores’ for him to ‘help get his mind right’.


YOU GO GIRL! SHOW HIM WHO IS BOSS!!!

Whew! Sounds pretty sexy to me! Sounds like a submission fantasy come true, and although it may actually happen from time to time, I am guessing that most of those blog entries are just that ‘fantasy’.

For me the reality of it is not so ‘hot’ as it is very ‘cold’. I do get snapped at and called ‘rude and thoughtless’. And unless I swallow my male pride and cave quickly and apologize completely I can get the ‘cold shoulder’ for days and maybe spend a few nights on the couch as well. And all the while I KNOW that I will have to apologize eventually anyway!


The 'Cold Shoulder'. The WORST of all possible punishments!
I have to admit that caving quickly and apologizing on the spot is pretty hot in itself! I know that I get a warm glow of humiliation about what is happening and I think she gets a jolt of dominant power through her veins at the same time which she secretly LOVES but probably would never admit to it. So maybe we SHOULD be naughty just once in a while, as it spices everything up!


Oh how she loves to hear you beg for forgiveness!
However I think it would all be best if 99% of the time we were more ‘open’ to what she had in mind, even if it does seem to come right out of the blue.

It has been a long slow process for me to learn how to ‘behave’, but I think I now understand some of the basic principles and as exciting and sexy as the fantasy spanking scenario I listed above is, I find this solution to be even deeper and in some ways more radically dominating and fulfilling than the angry spanking wife.

What I am talking about is ‘emptying your mind’ and being eager to accept any input from her that she wants to give at any time. If you will notice, in all of the bad boy scenarios that I listed above, the problem was not that she did anything that should have upset even a vanilla type of man. The problem was that I had filled my mind completely up and had no room for her input! I had committed myself to serving her and yet when she wanted something done I was ‘too busy’.

If my mind had been more quiescent and prepared for her directions I would have smiled on each occasion and said: “Yes my Queen! I’ll get right to it dear!” or I would have listened intently and appreciated that what was on her mind was important to her and that I had already committed myself to serving her because SHE was what was most important to me!

I considered naming this piece something like “Serving Her More Deeply” or “Giving Yourself Over More Deeply To Her Control” because when you think about it this is not just control of your body and outward response that you are giving to her. You are beginning the process of giving total control of your mind and with it your very soul to her to mold and use as she sees fit!


Yes Mistress! I hear and shall obey!


You are beginning to help her to totally remold you into the man she wants. So is that radical? Do you think that a modern assertive woman might enjoy having that level of control over you?” My answer to both would be an unqualified ‘yes’. In one way it goes way beyond the concept of ‘pussy whipped’ and in another it goes more completely into the arena of selfless eternal love.

As I have learned to keep myself intellectually calm, and quietly open minded I have found a deep inner peace. I do not bother getting all wound up in things that I probably couldn’t have any effect over anyway. I do not ‘have to hear’ the next stupid line on a TV show. I do not ‘have to finish’ this chapter of the book I am reading. I do not ‘have to finish’ this or that chore. I no longer want to have her hurry up and finish her thought so that I can get back to what I was doing before.

When she speaks, I basically drop everything else and listen. Women LOVE to have us listen to them! Yes, they speak more than we do and it is natural. And if you want to love and serve her this is a very natural way to do so that will REALLY please her. I mean REALLY please her!

Smart modern man listens submissively to his Queen

When I am about to enter her presence, I now make a conscious effort to see that my mind is calm and that my number one priority is to serve and please her. When I do that instead of making my number one priority to ‘get something done to please and serve her’ it makes us both happier. I may not get as much work done, but doing things was always secondary anyway. Making it about her and not about doing for her has made our lives better. 
 
Nowadays if I come home ready to clean the bathroom and she wants me to work in the garden, I say “Yes Dear” and go change my clothes to work in the garden and I do it with a contented smile. 
 
If I am watching some fascinating documentary and the final summation is being made and she starts telling me about her day at work, I tune the TV out of my mind and realize the blessing that it is to have a fine woman like her that would care enough about me to tell me all about her day. That show will be on again.

For a guy who has fantasized his entire life about being owned and controlled by a strong woman, I now get the feeling that I actually am her instrument. My mind has now made itself over to the point of being available for her to pour her thoughts, dreams, and aspirations into.

Want to submit to her and please her? Then do what SHE wants! She wants you to listen to her.

Snapping out of this submissive landscape for just a second, I must explain that this does not mean that I am her robot and have no will at all. I sometimes do disagree with her. But I always do it in a quiet and respectful manner now. I no longer interrupt her. This was a huge thing for her in the past. I listen with docility for long periods of time. Being able to talk at length and have me quietly listen has given her even more confidence and it’s great!

We long longer argue. We do discuss. Of course her word is basically law but it is rare that she needs to impose it on me. We talk and generally agree. If we don’t I obey and we move on. It’s all pretty nice, and gets better all the time. I really am living out my lifelong dreams of service and submission. They aren’t as kinky as dreams usually are, but they are deeper and more complete in the scope.




12 comments:

  1. Another great and very realistic post. I appreciate you writing what I am thinking once again. A few weeks back (my wife and I are still very new to this) my wife told me that she wanted me to do a household project by the next weekend. I knew it would be difficult and I wasn't really thinking. I responded by saying "yes, I'll try to get that done" and went back to what I was doing. She didn't say anything but after I couple of minutes I knew I had done something wrong.
    "Is everything okay, baby" I asked. I still call her baby often even though she is in charge. I use ma'am more and more often now.
    "This was your idea. I don't know why I should hear that you will 'try' to do what I ask. Aren't you supposed to do it?". She was right of course and I immediately apologized. It occurred to me then, that some sort of punishment should be in order and I asked her to give me some. This was not going to be a fantasy punishment. It was going to be real. I know that this is not easy for my wife who still often feels that she takes advantage of me. I sent her a list of ideas (okay there were a couple of fantasy ideas on there that I hoped she might add to the other). She did respond to that but told me she had her own ideas. The punishment basically meant that a couple of extra hours of what might have been my free time was spent cleaning some particularly dirty areas in our kitchen. It wasn't fun but honestly I felt good about it.

    I also have found myself in the position of almost blowing it. I try to do the household chores when she is not around so I can spend that time with her. Sometimes, time just doesn't allow for that so I have to do them in her presence. Its not that I mind her seeing me work but I rather her not have to be tempted to help me do it. Yesterday morning I was doing a load of laundry and she wanted some water. I almost said something to the fact that I was doing something else for the house already but held my tongue. You see, this wasn't my wife's idea. Her immediate need was ice water. She hadn't asked me to do the laundry. I needed to respect what she wanted.

    As you see, I am in agreement with everything you wrote (I just don't write it as well). I am learning to be better but still have a ways to go. Please keep up the posting. I appreciate the time it takes.



    I am getting to be a better listener I think. I resist my urge to offer suggestions or fixes when she tells me about a problem that she ran into during the day. It took me years to learn that she really just wanted to vent and didn't want my suggestions. Some times she does want advice or an opinion but she asks for them when desired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comments UX.

    You sound like you are 'better trained' than I am already! I wish my worst offense against the Mistress of the Manor was to say "I will try".

    One thing I have noticed in this discussion is that the level of cleanliness that I was holding the house to is not as high as it was earlier. But she seems happier being able to direct my energies and having me be more open to her will then as just her male maid.

    Next weekend is the one weekend every month that she works and I am 'home alone'. Let's see just how clean it can get Her Majesties Palace in 2 days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on becoming more docile in relation to you wife. If would call it "mature docility" because from my own limited experience, it takes a larger amount of self-discipline and maturity than most men are capable of. You are to be commended. I like the example of getting her ice water in the middle of doing the laundry. Even if you are serving her needs by doing housework, if she asks for something, that comes first. Wow! That's so admirable and--to me--inspiring.

    ls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the truly great things about writing this blog has been to meet so many men whose minds run along similar lines to my own.
      These thoughts have been submerged within me for my entire life, and it is great to connect with others who have always felt the same way.
      SH

      Delete
  4. Dear Surrendered,
    Maybe you can help me in a particular area.
    Our home and family is decidedly "wife-led".
    She decides, I obey, she speaks, I listen, she calls, I quickly respond.
    It's all good.
    However, there is one area where I am struggling.
    Sometimes my queen will have a bad day at work and bring it home.
    It is during these times that I am subjected to a barrage of negativity that I don't feel I deserve and I find find rather stressful.
    I understand her frustrations completely, but does she have to bring it home and blast it at me?
    My queen is well educated with a BS in Finance from Kiev Slavonic University.
    Unfortunately, said degree doesn't count for much in the U.S.
    Thus, she has had to take employment in the U.S. which is rather unstimulating to her intellect and work with people who are less than professional.
    She's a white collar lady with a white collar education who sometimes grows weary of the roughness and rudeness of blue-collar (big-box retail) workers.
    I retired from the Army and am putting my GI Bill benefits to good use by going to nursing school. So, for now, she's working and I'm going to school.
    The problem is that during these occasions when she has a bad at work and feels the need to "vent" at home, I don't handle it very well. I tend to be quiet, stoic, with a "suck it up and stay focused" attitude. My lady has a need to vent and these ventings have a way of devolving into a proclamation that "everything in and about your country sucks".
    Of course she doesn't mean it, she's just venting as we go through a rather difficult time.
    The problem is that, invariably, my reaction to these ventings is one of passive aggression. I don't argue, but I'll get very quiet and pretty much avoid her for far too long. This happened yesterday when she first came home from work around 4:00pm.
    We barely spoke during the evening nor this morning as she was leaving for work again.
    I didn't even bother to get out of bed to see her off, a very bad thing indeed.

    Any advice on how I could handle things differently?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH,
      I have read your post and will get back to you.
      I have a rather busy and involved day (weekend) coming up,, but I wanted to let you know that I have read what you wrote and will be thinking about a reply today.
      When you say 'Wife Led' - do you mean 'officially and openly' as in "you two agreed contractually" or something along those lines?

      SH

      Delete
  5. SH,
    In the summer of 2009, about the same time as our one year anniversary, I confessed to my wife my submissive yearnings. It was a written confessional, well thought out..... and rather effective. We've been making a slow but steady transition to WLM ever since. It's pretty clear to most anybody who observes us who is "wearing the pants" in the family. We both are comfortable and happy in our roles. However, no contracts. That seems rather silly to me as "contracts" are simply a form of game-playing.
    Take your time and have a fine weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In thinking about this, yes I am getting started a little later than expected.
      THE LAUNDRY MUST BE DONE!

      Part one: You must of course acknowledge her real frustration here. She has valid reason to be upset! Then work with her for a long term solution. Maybe she goes back to school. Maybe you go work and support her while that happens. Maybe you move back to a place she is happier. I don't know. I am just saying there is obviously a long term issue here that you need to work through together.
      Second thing - when my Queen has been what appears to me to be irrationally angry, sometimes with me sometimes not, I have in the past been more than stoic, I have OFFERED myself as her 'whipping boy'.
      "I understand that you are upset dear. If you want to yell at me go right ahead." I stand silently and well 'enjoy her wrath'.
      When she is done she feels better. I feel TOTALLY DOMINATED and lovingly abused for her sake. It's kind of a warm yet slightly humiliated feeling. ( for me not all bad!)
      When she is done she often smiles and having let it all out, she often laughs and tells me she loves me.
      I have gone so far as to offer to have her slap me if she wants. She has yet to do that yet but it has been offered.
      I would NEVER do that back, but I think it lets us both blow off a little steam and after it all seems a bit silly but I think we both enjoy it in the moment.

      One Totally Surrendered 'Whipping Boy' of a Hubby

      Delete
    2. The first time we did this, I offered advice while she was still yelling (typical male solution offering) She said "I'M NOT DONE!"
      "Done with what?"
      "You said I could yell at you and I AM GOING TO!!!"
      "Yes Ma'am!"
      I was shocked and happy that she had accepted my offer.
      She continued her rightful rant..
      SH

      Delete
  6. Then she is 'Officially' the boss. yes?
    It sounds like the problem stems from her frustration in being under employed in a land far from home.
    Have you talked with her about other options for employment or training for employment?
    Are you both waiting until you are out of school and then she can go back to school or something like that?

    ReplyDelete
  7. SH,
    Yes, she is "officially" the boss.
    She leads, I follow.
    She is very happy with me as I am with her.
    I agree with your assessment. She is frustrated at being underemployed in a place that doesn't respect her educational credentials.
    It would be quite foolish for me to drop out of school as those GI Bill benefits are pretty amazing. If I don't use them, I'll lose them.
    However, I've been thinking about this myself. If she simply needs only "permission" to sometimes blow off some steam then I am simply falling short in giving her the freedom to do so. This is nothing that some good 'ole fashion communication can't fix. While it is my nature to get a bit stressed and a bit defensive during a "venting session", I tend to stay that way for quite a while. My wife can be "all better" and laughing within a short time. She undoubtedly recognizes the effect a "venting session" can have on me and how I tend to react to them. She undoubtedly recognizes when I've withdrawn into a protracted sulk session. What she doesn't realize is how easily she could pull me out of one of these sulk sessions by simply using her irresistible feminine charms and taking advantage of my submissive nature. For example, kneeling naked at her feet and doing what I'm told (listening, talking, oral sex) has an amazing way of lifting my spirits.
    She enjoys these times also. However, when she needs to vent, which really isn't that often, she really isn't thinking femdom or even about me.

    So, I think I know exactly what to do.
    Listen to her, understand her, support her when she needs to "rant on" a bit.
    Then, in case I've gotten "out of sorts" in reaction to said rant, ask for permission to spend some time kneeling at her feet.
    She knows me well enough to understand exactly what I need.
    Thanks for the feedback and for listening.

    P.S. Oh yeah, when I'm done with school and back to work our plan is to then focus on my Lady's "western" education.
    Also, I like your approach of offering yourself as her whipping boy when you sense she needs one. I'm gonna have to try some of that also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a good solution.
      I know that when I sulk a bit a 'firmer female hand' that would push me deeper into my humiliation would snap me out of my 'oh woe is me' mindset and refocus my energies on her and we would both be happier.
      Best of luck to you both!

      SH

      Delete